Planning to revamp or remodel your home? Thinking of using black granite but not sure which one to choose?
Don’t worry, we’re here to help!
When it comes to black granite, there is no better than black galaxy granite.
The beauty of black with copper and silver metallic flakes adds shininess and glitter to any space.
It’s tempting, robust, resilient, thick, and easy to maintain!
In short, it gives you all!
This star-studded beauty can transfer any space into a universe of your own.
Want to know more about these black igneous rocks?
Keep on reading to find more….
Description of Black galaxy granite
Black galaxy granite is a natural granite that was first discovered in the late 1970s and early 1980s.
Quarried from the southern part of India, this granite has become essential for contemporary kitchens and bathrooms.
What makes it such an appealing, fan-favourite granite?
The striking black visual, sprinkled with gold, silver flakes, and the luxurious, polished feel makes it aesthetically commanding and an absolute fan-favourite.
Moreover, black can work with any colour, and the artistic feature of the stone adds character and statement to your space.
Is black galaxy granite a real granite stone?
Compared to other granites, black galaxy granite is a recent addition to the family of black granites. It is in the gabbro family of stone material and quarried in the Ongole area of South India.
It is a naturally occurring rock that creates a strong visual statement when added to any space- whether commercial or residential.
So yes, it is a naturally occurring stone that is excavated and processed in India.
What are the benefits of using black galaxy granite?
The beauty, durability, resistance, design – the benefits of black galaxy granite are numerous.
If you’re still not convinced and want to know more about the benefits of buying black granite, here they are:
- Less cleaning than lighter granite stones.
- The colour black adds depth and a strong, bold design to the room (and not everyone can pull it off).
- Available in an array of colours and shades.
- Artistic design
- Longer life-span.
- Cheaper compared to other materials like glass, wood, or metal.
- Can be used in a wide range of activities (floors, walls, worktops, and more).
What are the different types of black galaxy granite countertops?
Starting from solid black to black galaxy granite with gold flecks, this exquisite natural stone is available in various types.
- Black Galaxy Granite: It looks like a galaxy speckled with flecks of gold and white, creating a starry finish.
It is a nice addition to the kitchen and bathroom.
- Nero Mist: Dramatic black granite with light white veins and speckles creates a misty appearance.
Ideal to be used for floors, countertops, and backsplashes.
- Absolute black granite: Pitch black with a shiny surface, reminiscent of the dark black night sky.
Can be used for bathroom, kitchen, flooring, outdoor cladding, etc.
- Ubatuba Granite: Dark green background with black, gold, white, and grey speckles, akin to a gleaming seaside landscape.
Perfect for all types of uses including flooring countertops ad backsplashes.
- Cambrian black granite: Medium-grained grey-black structure with light flecks.
Use it for countertops, floors, bathroom, kitchen, worktops.
- Black Beauty: Blend of black and grey with hints of white and rust, like ancient mosaic art.
Ideal for flooring, walls, landscaping projects, countertops.
How to care for and maintain the opulence of black galaxy granite?
No matter what granite you use, it must be cared for and maintained properly to prolong the opulence and the shine of the stone.
Here are a few simple ways to care of your black galaxy granite:
- Cleaning black galaxy granite with acid liquid will damage your stone in no time. We recommend using cleaner with a neutral pH level. It will surely enhance the longevity of the stone.
- Don’t have any cleaner with a neutral pH level? Soapy warm water with a sponge or cloth will also do the trick.
- Black galaxy stone is very thick and dense and doesn’t absorb liquids easily. But at times, when using a black galaxy granite kitchen top, spills and pours happen. It can create strikes or leave a hazy finish.
Use a sealer to protect the stone from all spills, pores, and cracks. To have your stone retain its charm and colour for a longer period, we also recommend replenishing your sealer over time.
How often do you need resealing?
Well, it majorly depends on the following factors:
- The quality and the type of sealer used.
- Amount of wear and tear on the surface.
- Type of cleaners (acidic, abrasive, or neutral pH level) used for cleaning.
- To restore and maintain the shine and the gloss of the black galaxy granite, polish it at home using fortified granite polish.
But if the black galaxy granite texture is honed, sand-blasted, leathered, or any other type, we recommend getting professional help.
Getting your hands on the right variety of black granite is not challenging as it seems, provided you have the knowledge and are clear on your needs and wants.
Black Galaxy Granite is a statement piece that adds luxury and an exquisite feel to your project. They are easy to install and maintain too.
What are you waiting for? Contact Indian Granite Exporter and order your black granite